Google scholar does a pretty good job of tracking my publications. Here’s a self-maintained list:
- Socolar, J.B., J. Díaz-Alván, P. Saboya del Castillo, L. Pomara, B. O’Shea, S. Cubas Poclin, D. Stotz, F. Schmitt, D. Graham, B. Carnes, and E. Ruelas Inzunza. 2018. “Noteworthy bird records from northeastern Peru reveal connectivity and isolation in the western Amazonian avifauna.” Wilson Journal of Ornithology. 130: 94-111.
- Socolar, J.B., P. Epanchin, S. Beissinger, and M.W. Tingley. 2017. “Phenological shifts conserve thermal niches in North American birds and reshape expectations for climate-driven range shifts.” PNAS 114: 12976-12981.
- Díaz-Alván, J., J.B. Socolar, and J. Álvarez Alonso. 2017. “Avifauna of the río Tigre basin, northern Perú.” Ornitologia Neotropical 28: 11-21. Full text
- Socolar, J.B., J. Gilroy, W. Kunin, and D. Edwards. 2016. “Sparse data necessitate explicit treatment of beta-diversity: A reply to Bush et al.” Trends in Ecology and Evolution 31: 338-339. Full text
- Socolar, J.B., J. Gilroy, W. Kunin, and D. Edwards. 2016. “How should beta-diversity inform biodiversity conservation?” Trends in Ecology and Evolution 31: 67-80. Full text
- Pellegrini, A.F., J.B. Socolar, P. Elsen, and X. Giam. 2016. “Tradeoffs between savanna woody plant diversity and carbon storage in the Brazilian Cerrado.” Global Change Biology 10: 3373-3382. Full text
- Socolar. J.B. and A. Washburne.* 2015. “Prey carrying capacity modulates the effect of predation on prey diversity.” American Naturalist 186: 333-347. Full text
- Socolar, S.J., S. Robinson, and J. Terborgh. 2013. “Bird diversity and specialist bird occurrence in two bamboo die-offs in southeastern Peru.” Condor 115: 253-262. Full text
- Socolar, S.J., O. Gonzalez, and G. Forero-Medina. 2013. “Noteworthy bird records from the northern Cerros del Sira, Peru.” Cotinga 35: 24-36. Full text
- Forero-Medina, G., J. Terborgh, S.J. Socolar, and S. Pimm. 2011. “Elevational preferences of birds on a tropical montane gradient lag behind warming temperatures.”PLoS One 6(12): e28535. Full text
- Socolar, S.J. and D. Wilcove. 2013. Threatened Birds. In: Levin, S.A. (ed.) Encyclopedia of Biodiversity, 2nd edition, Volume 7, pp. 180-190. Waltham, Ma: Academic Press.
- Lees, A.C. and Socolar, J.B. 2016 “Will we soon see another wave of bird extinctions in the Americas?” The Conversation. Full text.
Also run by iflScience, Business Insider